Monday, April 18, 2011

What a Weekend!

This weekend was certainly an interesting one! For most of the weekend, we didn't have internet, cable TV, or our home phone! Today they finally got it working again for us. Phew! It's challenging to function without e-mail these days.

On Saturday, it was RAYS game time! I'm a Major League Baseball addict, as ya'll know. The Rays are my AL team, and Saturday was the first game I've made it to this season! The Rays were playing the Twins. We were quite the whole motley crew!















AJ really had to concentrate on taking this picture!
(From top to bottom) Pastor Greg, Sue, Kristi, Me, and AJ!

Kristi and I are big Evan Longoria fans. (Who isn't?!) Evan's on the DL right now, but he was presented with his Gold Glove award from last season. We were pretty excited to be there for that, since I hadn't even realized the presentation would be that day!















The game ended with a walk-off win! Johnny Damon came up with a hit at the perfect time, bases loaded in the bottom of the 9th! GO RAYS! (Our cowbells were clanging loudly at that point!)















Here you see the team mobbing Damon after he rounded first base.

I'm sure I'll be heading down to the Trop for more games this season, but the first one of the season is usually the sweetest!

No comments:

Post a Comment