Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Reflection: National JOSC

In a "previous life" (read: the teenage years) I was an accomplished sport pistol shooter. I still enjoy picking up my guns and having fun at the range. But for several years, I practiced daily. I gave up weekends to go to matches and competitions all over the state of Florida. I was pretty good. (I used to Google myself to look up match scores and see my name in rankings published around the internet.) It became a prideful thing, and I knew that ultimately it wasn't my life's calling. So I gave up my Olympic dream. But not before I made it to the National Junior Olympic Shooting Championships three times during my high school years. 


















[Above, you see me on the line at the OTC and sitting happy in my Olympic dream.]

I'm recalling this now because currently it's the week before Easter. And one year, my family sat in an airport on Easter Sunday because we were returning from the Olympic Training Center in Colorado Springs after one of my matches. I am so thankful for my family and for what they mean to me! My parents totally supported my sport of choosing, to the point of paying for my expensive hobby, and turning a trip out West into a family vacation so we could all be together on Easter, even if it meant being in airports and on planes. 














Through all the craziness of each of our lives, my family is a constant. I don't deserve the amazing people that God has blessed me with. Thank you, Jesus!

Well, from thoughts on Easter, to shooting, to family... that's my life. I love it.

2 comments:

  1. You are such a cool woman! I am blessed to call you my friend. Hope to see you on Sunday!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You definitely have a great family!!! And it was great watching you shooting or hearing about the adventures since I didn't get to see them! You definitely have a blessed life!

    ReplyDelete