Monday, July 30, 2012

Olympics



The Olympics are back. And like a lot of people, I'm an Olympic addict, and am enjoying watching everything from fencing to table tennis to beach and court volleyball to basketball.

I live on campus here at seminary, so a friend and I hosted an Olympic Opening Ceremony party for our building (and whoever else wanted to join). We strung the lobby in our building with streamers in the colors of the Olympic rings... and the Olympic rings themselves. I even made a replica torch! We plan on leaving these awesome decorations up for the duration of the Games.

Having been close to realizing my own Olympic dream several years ago, it's fun to watch the athletes on team USA compete against the world. So far, I've enjoyed team USA's drive; as a shooting athlete, I'm very proud of Kim Rhode breaking an American medal record in skeet! And we're only a few days into over two weeks of intense competition.

For the next few weeks, my life will consist of the Olympics, major league baseball, and work. (Tonight and Wednesday afternoon I'm headed over to Oakland to see my Rays play the A's.) YAY, sports!

No comments:

Post a Comment