Sunday, May 8, 2011

24 Hours in Jax

This weekend I had the amazing opportunity to go on a "30 hour mission trip" to Jacksonville. The trip is 30 hours total, but we spend 24 hours in Jacksonville. Our youth pastor, Bruce, has started leading these trips once every few months to Jacksonville to work with North Main Street Baptist Church and Words To Works Ministries.

Upon arrival on Friday, we went to His Warehouse to hang out with people from the neighborhood who come to get a meal, hang out, and play games in this safe spot. I got to color a picture with four year old Latrelle, and share the Evangecube with a little girl named Zoey. Zoey was so precious; she pointed to the picture of Jesus and gasped, holding her hands to her face and said "That's Jesus! He loves me! I love Him!"















This is Latrelle! He was so much fun to talk to!
















Zoey and I. She's the best!
















I went to college and lived in the dorms with Jessica Phoenix; her dad is the pastor of the church and ministry that we were working with! It was great to catch up with her!

On Saturday morning, our group of 19 split into smaller groups of 4 and 5 to prayer walk, pick up trash, and pray with anyone we may come in contact with.
















Here is my group (minus me) cleaning trash on an empty lot.
















This is one of the men part of our group shared with!

Saturday afternoon, we headed to Washington Heights, one of the roughest housing projects in Jacksonville. We told a Bible story, played with the kids, did crafts for Mothers Day, and just LOVED them.
















Me with Angel. She just walked right up to me and put her arms up to be picked up! Such a sweetie.
















Making Mothers Day cards and flowers!



















My friend Chelsea with Ali, another precious little girl!

I'm so glad I had the chance to go minister, show Christ's love, and make a difference!

On another note, HAPPY MOTHERS DAY!
I am so very blessed to have a godly, loving, awesome, wonderful mom! I love her so very much!


















This photo was taken last year. Momma and her kids.

I love you, Mom!

No comments:

Post a Comment